- Charming Grade II Listed detached house which has been sympathetically restored to offer accommodation of great character & style
- Believed to be of 17th Century or earlier origin with later additions
- 2-3 receptions rooms, bespoke hand built kitchen/dining room, 4 beds, 2 baths/shower rooms
- Adjoining double garage with former consent for conversion & adjacent former forge also with potential for ancillary conversion uses (subject to consents)
- Delightful mature South facing gardens with outlook over West Grinstead Park
- Pretty pond & woodland area. Overall approximately 0.8 of an acre
- Accessible rural location
Gatelands Farmhouse is a charming Grade II Listed detached house believed to be of 17th Century or earlier origin that has been sympathetically and beautifully restored by the currents owners over the last 20 years to now offer accommodation of great character and style. A particular feature are the light oak beams and timbers to the above average height living room and sitting room with fine inglenook fireplace to one end and part timbered opening in between. The kitchen/dining room forms the real heart of the house with its bespoke hand built solid wood fitted units by Middleton Kitchens and including a mixture of oak and granite work surfaces with twin Belfast sinks with mixer tap and drainer , cupboards and drawers, larder unit, point for LPGas (bottled) range cooker, point for larder fridge, integrated Neff dishwasher, integrated waste bins and deep pan drawers. There is a fine Travertine stone floor and wood burning stove to one end of the dining area and with stable type door to the rear porch and garden. A door also connects to the attached double garage (with internal staircase to loft area, door to outside and doors to the front drive) and a doorway through to a fitted utility room with Belfast sink and points for washing machine and dryer, plus cupboards and Grant oil fired boiler, matching Travertine stone tiled floor. The garage has previously had consent (ref. WG/66/02 & WG/67/02) for conversion into additional ensuite bedroom accommodation linking to the house, or alternatively, could potentially create ancillary accommodation. It is also felt that could be good scope, subject to all necessary consents, to link this later garage addition to the adjacent former forge to the North-West side and which is a part brick, timber and tiled building which currently offers basic storage space, but which is considered to have great potential for conversion to ancillary uses (subject to all consents).