- Fine Grade II Listed farmhouse occupying an enviable rural location
- Very well presented accommodation incl. 4 reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room, 5 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms
- With very attractive & part moated gardens & grounds incl. granary storage building
- Set in the middle of its beautiful park like pasture & woodland
- Overall approximately 3 acres.
The fine, Grade II Listed farmhouse is set in lovely part moated gardens and grounds and includes mellow external elevations of part brickwork with tile hanging above and part exposed oak framing and which is mirrored to the inside with exposed beams and fine framing to the drawing room/study area. The building is of considerable history and antiquity, with the former manor house being timber framed of half H-plan and including 14th C. doorways to part and 17th C. later chimneys. The book, 'The Victoria History of the County of Sussex', records that the Clothall family lived locally from 1308 and Adam of Clothall married one of the daughters of Richard of Grinstead. John Clothall was believed to have later held the manor of Clothalls and is potentially the same John Clothall who held a knight's fee in West Grinstead in 1361. From the late 14th C. until the early 19th C. the manor descended with the Clothall moiety of Thakeham manor. In around 1836, Clothalls was sold by the Revd. Thomas Ferris to Sir Charles Burrell (of Knepp Castle) and thereafter descended with the West Grinstead manor. Until recently the property formed part of the larger West Grinstead Park Estate.