- An attractive double-fronted period semi-detached property
- Beautifully situated within Henfield Common
- In need of updating and refurbishment
- Three reception rooms and three bedrooms
- Long private drive with attached garage and workshop/store/WC
- Lovely views over the Common and field to the rear. No onward chain
A rare opportunity to acquire a three bedroom semi-detached cottage situated in an outstanding location within Henfield Common with lovely views over the Common to the front and a field to the rear. We understand that the property was possibly constructed as a pair of cottages in 1797 (to be verified) of part flint, part weatherboarded elevations with later painted render to the front, all under a clay tiled roof. There were considerable alterations in the middle part of the last century that included the addition of a garage with workshop and store/WC, whilst double glazed windows and a kitchen were installed in more recent years. The property could now do with refurbishment but offers considerable scope to create a lovely home. There are clues to the property's origins with inglenook fireplaces, one with an intact bread oven as well as ledged and latched internal doors, plus some exposed wall and ceiling timbers. Outside is a long front garden as well as a private drive with parking for several cars leading to the garage. There is no onward chain and an internal inspection is highly recommended.