- A very appealing semi-rural nature haven extending overall to approximately 2.75 acres (1.11 Ha.).
- Benefitting from established use as a private members’ club with ancillary camping & caravanning areas & also considered to offer good potential for redevelopment (subject to any necessary consents).
- Single storey club house/chalet with kitchen & bar area and 2 end rooms, cloakrooms & shower block. 3 stores/workshops. Swimming pool. Former tennis court area.
- Open grass glades bordering attractive mixed mature broadleaf woodland being a haven for wildlife & providing a high degree of privacy & seclusion
- Private entrance drive. Mains electricity & mains water.
BEST & FINAL BIDS IN WRITING BY 12 NOON WEDNESDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER 2021 (APPLY TO HJ BURT FOR BID FORMS & PROCESS). Hoe Dene comprises a pretty unique and special semi-rural wildlife haven and retreat located just within the South Downs National Park boundary and bordering the Woods Mill Nature Reserve between the villages of Small Dole and Henfield.
The property has been in the same family ownership for over 60 years and in that time has established itself as a secluded private members' club for which a Certificate of Lawful Existing Use & Development (CLEUD) was granted (reference: SDNP/17/03251/LDE) on 5th September 2018 for the "use of land and buildings as a private members club (sui generis) for recreational purposes, sports and social activities with ancillary camping and caravanning". Whilst this regularised use provides great opportunities for incoming purchasers to follow a similar use and format, it is equally considered that the site offer good scope for potential redevelopment (subject to any necessary consents), but the site is being sold without any overage or clawback restrictive covenants.