- Fine period house of considerable character with excellent outbuildings & exceptional views across the River Adur Valley to the South Downs & Chanctonbury Ring.
- Good home & income potential from house, potential annexe & substantial 5-bay barn with great potential & scope for conversion.
- House affording garden room, entrance hall, sitting room, living room, dining room, kitchen, rear hall, cloaks/shower room.
- Principal bedroom one, bedroom four & bathroom one. Guest ensuite bedroom two & ensuite bedroom three.
- Separate conversion with annexe potential. Fine period barn interlinking to house with consent previously granted for conversion.
- Traditional byre with indoor exercise/splash pool, sauna room & cloakroom.
- Delightful gardens & grounds part enclosed by flint walling with distant views.
- Private entrance drive with good parking areas.
- Accessible semi-rural location: 4 miles Henfield, 9.75 miles Brighton
***Guide Price Range £1,125,000 to £1,175,000 ***Upper Horton Farmhouse comprises a fine period home of considerable character and enjoying a very desirable semi-rural location with extensive views to the West over adjoining farmland forming part of the River Adur Valley and to a wide width of the South Downs, including the particular focal point of Chanctonbury Ring in the distance.
The current owner has skillfully improved and modernised the house to now offer lovely light rooms of great character and taking advantage of the excellent views and with adaptable four bedroom family accommodation to the main house; very good secondary accommodation in the adjacent annexe and fine old Sussex barn interlinking to the house and with great potential for ancillary uses or additional accommodation.
The house nestles in delightful landscaped gardens including part flint walled areas together with extensive parking, plus traditional byre with exercise/splash pool and sauna and also enjoying sensational views from its rear terrace with hot tub area. Attached and interlinked to the house is the fine old Sussex barn where consent had been granted for two to three bedroom ancillary accommodation, or alternatively it has great scope for use as a fabulous studio, workshop or office and subject to any necessary consents. The current vendor has used the barn for adaptable studio/recreational space including for entertaining, storage and home crafts, plus as an informal yoga workshop area. In addition, the owner has enjoyed the benefits of the property as a home and income generating source including an Airbnb let to a shepherd hut (not included within sale) nesting at the side of the barn and under the canopy of a mature cherry tree.